Research Associate / X – Ray Diffraction
The Photon Sciences Directorate is offering an exciting opportunity for a postdoctoral research associate. The successful candidate will be tasked with the development of numerical and experimental techniques which utilize coherent soft x - ray diffraction to image organic nanomaterials at very high spatial resolution and work with a team of scientists with established research programs and synchrotron - based instruments for coherent soft x-ray scattering. With an emphasis on the computational aspects of data acquisition, analysis, and presentation, the candidate will work on the development of an x-ray imaging system to be utilized at the NSLS - II. The candidate will be responsible for working closely with scientists to develop diffraction imaging techniques, working on the development of a user friendly software package for rapid data analysis, carry out proof of principle experiments at synchrotron facilities using currently available instruments and conduct numerical simulation of x-ray diffraction imaging experiments. The successful candidate should possess excellent written and oral communication and the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of scientists and engineers.
• PhD in physics or related field
• Experience with x-ray diffraction techniques
• Experience programming numerical algorithms and/or user friendly graphical user interfaces
• Experience analyzing and processing large datasets
• Experience with numerical algorithms in C/C++ or python
• Basic knowledge of x-ray microscopy, x-ray synchrotron beamlines, high vacuum systems, and x-ray optical design
Photon Sciences Directorate. Please apply to Job ID# 15582.
BNL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the development of a diverse workforce.
Comments are closed for this blog post