Director of Diversity & Strategic Alliances
Alzheimer’s Association National Office - Chicago
Provide strategic leadership in the area of diversity and inclusion which supports the Association’s strategic plan as well as identify and steward strategic collaborations to reach organizational goals. Seek opportunities to collaborate with the Chapter network in designing and delivering initiatives and facilitating inter-chapter sharing to increase grassroots outreach efforts. Work with team to develop content and programs in multiple channels to enhance awareness of the Alzheimer's Association. Plan, identify, design, and implement outreach activities to reach a variety of diverse audiences within our core audiences of people with dementia, their families, healthcare professionals and the community at large.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide leadership and strategic direction to the diversity and inclusiveness program to advance the mission. Work with thought leaders in all areas of the Association to implement diversity events, activities and new/modified programs to integrate diversity outreach in the Associations public image and market strategies.
• Identify, develop, and steward strategic collaborations and initiatives (i.e. AEDA) along with building effective relationships to create opportunities to heighten the Association’s visibility and goals in new organizations and diverse populations.
• Provide leadership and coordination for the Association wide Diversity Team, the Diversity and Inclusiveness Council, and the Diversity Interest Group. Staff the Board of Directors Diversity and Inclusiveness Committee.
• Seek and oversee department projects and grants with special emphasis on diversity and inclusiveness grants.
• Manage the department budget, goals and objectives.
• 7 - 10 years of experience in diversity marketing and/or programming.
• B.A. Degree
• 3 - 5 years of experience working with multi-partner projects and initiatives
• Experience in community building and collaborations
• Demonstrated expertise in the principles, methods and techniques used in building diversity awareness and outreach programs
Comments are closed for this blog post