Job Title Corporate Risk Manager
Division Global - Treasury
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Risk Management, the individual qualifying for the position will have responsibility for SC Johnson’s global insurance programs including oversight of related insured and self-insured claims. Operating in a team environment, the individual must possess leadership initiative, analytical skills, and have the ability to manage and coordinate internal and external relationships while facilitating multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Develop and recommend strategic risk management plans.
• Research, evaluate and make recommendations to the Director of Risk Management regarding risk management, insurance and claims management programs.
Program, Processes and Procedures
• Manage all insured and self-insured casualty programs including General & Products Liability, Workers Compensation and Auto Liability. Participate in and analyze all actuarial reports for use in our self-insured casualty program.
• Participate in the Management of SC Johnson’s Captive Insurance Company.
• Develop and oversight of annual underwriting submissions for all risk transfer insurance programs.
• Participate in renewal / marketing efforts.
• Analyze cost benefit of various insurance program structures and make appropriate recommendations.
• Prepare and recommend loss and fixed cost for subsidiary allocations.
• Prepare Risk Management insurance and department expense budgets
• Participate in the preparation of reports/presentations for senior management and operating personnel relating to risk management policies, procedures and risk financing, including Captive financial reports.
• Participate in the production of annual Executive Risk Management Reports and other pertinent documentation as required to effectively communicate with SC Johnson management.
• Act as corporate resource in policy and coverage interpretation for operating company personnel.
• Work effectively within SC Johnson and external brokers, insurers and third party administrators (TPA).
Safety and Loss Control
• Analyze loss experience at domestic locations, subsidiaries, and corporate level to identify trends; maintain data and communicate trends with Safety, Health & Environment personnel.
• Provide ongoing risk management support and assistance as needed to businesses, functional departments, brokers and TPA.
• Manage casualty (general liability, auto liability and workers compensation) and global transit losses/claims.
• Manage the third party claims risk management information system (RMIS) to identify trends to manage major losses.
• Manage US workers compensation claims, including appropriate reserving practices.
• Maintain data communication with TPA and Corporate Law Department.
• Bachelor’s degree (Risk Management, Finance or Business Administration) preferred.
• ARM designation desired.
• Five to seven years of progressive experience in risk management and claims management pertaining to casualty and property insurance required.
• Prior Corporate Risk Management experience required.
• Experience with International Risk Management programs.
• Strong analytical capabilities; must be able to assemble and analyze relevant data and draw meaningful conclusions from same.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to interface with all levels of personnel at subsidiary and corporate levels.
• Computer skills; must have an intermediate to advanced experience level using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Comments are closed for this blog post