Job Title: Category Sales Manager
Division: North America Sales
To create, direct and supervise the development of sales strategies and tactics. This will include providing methods of presentation, the necessary sales aids and sales promotion material. In addition, you will be responsible to manage the decision making process by obtaining feedback through direct interaction with field Sales and brand marketing. This will require providing recommendations to sales management and brand management on the appropriate direction to be taken on behalf of your assigned brand responsibility. This position is a developmental assignment and will require rotation to another position after 2 to 3 years in this assignment. Rotation might require relocation.
Criteria for Success:
- The incumbent will be held accountable for the development and implementation of sales strategies and tactics to achieve desired business objectives for
- Responsible for the development and execution of key sales programs such as new product launches, group events, and strategic category initiatives
that increase SCJ share and improve business results.
- The incumbent will serve as the sales division’s representative on cross functional project teams, such as new products, price coordination, and channel
development for the business assigned.
- Ensure alignment on field sales needs and marketing initiatives, including the communication and support of senior sales and brand management.
- Develop selling information and co-lateral materials that are consistent with sales and marketing strategy and gain the desired results from the trade.
- Act as the sales liaison in translation of brand objectives into sales strategies.
- Provide for a variety of other operational responsibilities including forecast meetings, top to top preparation, and supporting sales for customer visits
-Strong interpersonal / communication Skills
-Sense of urgency
-Planning & organization
-Ability to address multiple tasks and handle accordingly
-Strong analysis skills
-Account management experience (3 – 5 years)
-Ability to influence decisions based on providing appropriate fact based rationale
-Ability to complete projects or tasks within assigned timeframe
-Ability to interact with multiple levels of the organization
-Ability to learn and apply new concepts to daily activity
-Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, AC Nielsen Data base
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Comments are closed for this blog post