Hispanic professional society & diversity job fairs at NSHP.org

Just another idea I thought of. And decided to get a Provisional Patent on .
It's a strip of cardboard that is used to hold lathing wire away from the wall so as to let the cement
get behind it to alleviate cracking in the stucco. What I have done so far is to contact ROCKTENN
Industries who made them and shipped me a hundred for testing. I then built a ten by twelve shed
so that I could take pictures and submit them to the I.C.C.. They govern the building codes for the
U.S. In hopes of getting a code change so that my spacers would be required on all stuccoed
buildings. Here was my thinking. when I first started in the trades they were using lathing nails.
which were small nails with a cardboard washer that would hold the wire away from the wall so as
to let the cement get behind it. But now all the buildings are being sheared with plywood and the wire
is stapled tight against the wall so that when you apply the cement it doesn't get behind the wire and
you end up with cracking.So the price is about fifty cents a stud which I believe is very cost effective
for what it does.So if there's any plasterers out there. I would like your opinion if you would use these
or not. Thank You.

Views: 267

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Paul.

Now that sounds like a great idea, and right up your alley being that you're in that line of work. Probably a better idea than eating what you thought was lead :) although good luck with both things and whatever else you create.

Rob
it's not lead it's graphite and the UNIVIRERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI is interested in doing the research that I need
so things are working out, Plus ROCKTENN said they would be interested in partnering up with me if I can get the code change. That would save me the headache of marketing the product . Thanks for the reply.
Right, graphite. But reading your story, you thought it was lead when you tried it as a solution to your toothache. I am glad it was graphite.

Again, best of luck with that research and with the people that write building code.

Rob
Thanks I need all the encouragement I can get, You don't now how many people have told me that most inventors don't
make a dime off there inventions.
Paul,

As a former journeyman carpenter, who did quite a bit of lathing, I think it's a great idea! Also, there are a lot of inventions that have made a lot of money. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Take care and God bless!

Carlos
Carlos
Thanks a lot !

RSS

About NSHP

With 25,000+ members, the National Society for Hispanic Professionals is the top US networking association for Hispanic professionals. It's free to join and this is a great place for you to connect with new people who share your interests, BUT it's not for selling or promoting your business. Join us today and ask here if in doubt about our policy.

Bilingual jobs

With 25,000+ members, the National Society for Hispanic Professionals is the top US networking association for Hispanic professionals.

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by NSHP admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service