Assumes leadership role within IS PM/CHC in all areas relating to the Vista technical architecture requirements at BIPI, establishment, future direction and ongoing support of application development, data integration and its deployment into the development, QA and production environments. The Technical Architect is the single point of responsibility for the technical solution from an application and system perspective.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Visionary Leadership: Understand the vision, goals, and objectives of the Prescription Medicines and Consumer Healthcare business partners. Be a thought leader on future data/application use and a catalyst of converting requirements into desired future states and develop clear linkages between current and future activities. Introduce innovative approaches to move toward a compelling future state
• Architecture Optimization: Provide leadership and expertise in the utilization of technical architecture within the Vista system utilizing various technologies. Maintain a high-level of knowledge on current software architectures and technologies. Guide and design optimum solutions based on sound and efficient architectural patterns.
• Contributes, builds and participates in the design and implementation of our CRM transactional system based on business requirements and market changes. Provides expertise in the design, proof-of-concept and implementation of every CRM release.
• Contributes, builds and participates in the design of all proposed functionality that will support the business requirements for current applications and any future application. Collaborate with business partners and business analysts to conduct and demonstrate proof-of-concepts for new functionality, products and architectures.
• Responsible for the definition and management of standards, guidelines and processes for technology and software development.
• Drive the utilization of design reviews and lead design/architecture reviews focused on CRM requirements. Conduct “brown-bag” sessions to communicate the evolving CRM environment.
• Responsible for staying engaged with multiple projects. Utilize and display the ability to articulate ideas and architectural concepts through verbal and written communication.
• Investigation of New Technologies: Investigate new and emerging technologies that can provide efficiency gains in our CRM environment. Report on technologies and provide recommendations to IT management.
• Manage and coordinate all resources associated with our sourcing partnership. Act as the BIPI CRM liaison between our business analysts and the sourcing team ensuring the highest level of customer service is achieved and maintained with both production support and application development. Responsible for making sure all requirements have been fully satisfied by the sourcing team.
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree required; advanced degree preferred or sufficient business experience of 12 – 15 years. Proven experience in application architecture, application development, database administration, data integration (ETL), data modeling technologies, data warehouse architecture and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
BUSINESS EXPERIENCE: Strong business process knowledge for assigned area and demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business issues. Must possess a strong working knowledge of data-modeling skills, including a thorough understanding of entities and relationships.
TECHNICAL SKILLS - Strong business architecture skills combined with solid data-engineering skills, including data mapping, which includes converting simple business functions/data into design specifications. Seibel configuration experience is required. Siebel certification is a plus.
Must be able to manage business partner expectations while properly supporting defined initiatives. Ability to direct a team of focused and dedicated employees through a multitude of competing and changing priorities, and various processes and mandates that impact a timely delivery of agreed upon solutions.
Must have previously applied solid analytical skills to understand current business process. Lead virtual staff and collaborate with various internal and external individuals or teams to deliver a technical architecture that will support the business intelligence solutions that enable the business functional areas to meet business objectives, and overcome diverse challenges.
LEADERSHIP: Demonstrate strong leadership abilities and management skills and experience leading a diverse team of Business and IS professionals in delivering results. Proven problem solver who knows how to react to challenges as opportunities. Previous experience managing a diverse staff, various resources, business priorities, and multiple projects across multiple business areas. Demonstrate ability to delegate in order to maximize effectiveness and achieve results. Proven ability to collaborate and partner with various organizational levels to ensure timely delivery of technology driven business solutions aligned with company strategies, defined business priorities, and regulatory mandates.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT & METHODOLOGY: Demonstrate strong Project Management ability in successful completion of small to very large and complex application projects. Must possess a strong foundation and a clear understanding and appreciation of programming standards and implementation methodologies that reflect the requirements to maintain and ensure quality work. Publish standards and documentation to ensure team members follow and comply with the directives.
Must be a “results” driven individual with a positive attitude and strong leadership abilities and qualities. Highly organized and extremely flexible to ensure the virtual team is contributing to the success of the business, by utilizing all available resources in managing various and multiple business priorities, mandates, requirements, and projects.
Must be self-motivated and have a proven ability to motivate others to achieve results that positively impact the assigned business area(s).
Communicate effectively with individuals up, down, and across the organization. Strong interpersonal, organizational and communications skills are vital.
Build collaboration by encouraging trust, mutual respect, and shared purpose amongst all team members in the IS Support Services organization. Encourage participation and constructive feedback amongst team members.
Continually strive to provide more efficient or higher-quality products and services to respond to customers' needs. Routinely seek customer/team member/management feedback and incorporate into actionable plans to strive for continuous improvement.
Must have a good awareness of the current and new technologies and related concepts; and must appreciate the overall benefits and impact on the supported business organizations.
This position may interact internationally. This position's role is to assure staff's effort is focused on defined and agreed upon priorities for the business function represented. Responsibilities also include implementation of, and support of multiple systems as defined in partnership with the client community through Service Level Agreements.