10-0037 Supervising Engineer
Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) is one of the largest electricity delivery and natural gas companies in the mid-Atlantic region. More than 1.8 million customers in Washington D.C., Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia depend on PHI for their electricity and natural gas needs.
We are seeking a Supervising Engineer to join the staff at our Newark, DE location. The Supervising Engineer in Customer Relations will lead a team of Engineers in order to help us become a trusted energy advisor as we enable PHI customers to change their behavior and help them to reduce their carbon footprint. The Supervisor will help lay the groundwork to improved service to our customers, protect the environment, and empower our customers to manage their energy use and costs.
The team of Engineers will provide residential and small- to mid-sized commercial customers information and solutions to reduce their energy use and save money by consulting with them on demand side and supply side management programs, including direct load control, energy efficiency applications, renewable generation and various dynamic pricing designs.
This Supervisor will also be accountable for problem solving issues beyond the scope of the Customer Care Call Center.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
· Experience demonstrating skill performing as a liaison with other departments, consultants, and contractors and/or coordinating work with groups within and outside the organization.
· Experience demonstrating skill presenting oral and written results of engineering projects.
· Experience demonstrating skill managing and tracking the status of multiple engineering projects.
· Experience demonstrating skill assisting in the development and monitoring of capital and maintenance budgets.
· Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, and e-mail software.
· Ability and willingness to travel to various Company locations and work sites.
· Ability and willingness to work extended hours (including holidays and weekends) with little or no notice, on call and during storms and system emergencies as required.
· Ability and willingness to adhere to safety regulations and policies and to wear and use safety equipment as required by Federal, State, Local and Company regulations.
· Ability and willingness to work in a variety of work environments including in a substation, on or around energized electrical equipment, in confined spaces, in noisy and dirty environments with proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
· Must successfully pass First Line Supervisory Assessment.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· Must successfully pass a Criminal History Records Check.
· Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification.
· Professional Engineer (PE) license.
· Experience demonstrating skill performing supervisory functions including monitoring performance, conducting performance appraisals, coaching and counseling employees.
· Experience demonstrating skill promoting and ensuring a safe work environment and compliance with Federal, state, local and company regulations (for example, OSHA, Sarbanes-Oxley).
· Experience demonstrating skill responding to customer outage complaints related to reliability issues.
· Experience demonstrating skill reviewing Outage Management System (OMS) data for accuracy.
· Experience demonstrating skill preparing state regulatory commission reports and investigating any issues that arise from the commission.
· Experience demonstrating skill representing a company on industry/external working groups and/or coordination teams.
· Experience demonstrating skill providing information for expert testimony.
· Working knowledge of overhead and underground system design.
· Experience demonstrating skill performing engineering root cause analyses and recommending/implementing initiatives and solutions to improve electric system reliability.
· Knowledge of and/or experience in demand side management, renewable generation, and/or energy efficiency technologies.
· Experience demonstrating skill using SAP, WMIS, and/or Maximo.
PHI is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
To submit your resume through our on-line application process, please access the following address: https://prod.fadvhms.com/PHI/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*DA579FD...
Comments are closed for this blog post