PPG Industries’ vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. Sales in 2012 were $15.2 billion.
Within our Architectural Coatings business, we produce paints, stains, and specialty coatings under the PPG Pittsburgh® Paints, PPG Olympic® Paints and Stains, and PPG Porter® Paints brands, and service the North American coatings industry across three channels.
PPG has recently completed the acquisition of the AkzoNobel North American Architectural Coatings business. This acquisition provides our newly combined Trade organization a tremendous platform for profitable growth. This acquisition enables us to now operate in 800+ retail stores, sell through over 4,000 dealer stores and supply product to large home improvement retailers, such as Lowe's and Home Depot. This acquisition also brings a portfolio of well established brands to PPG such as Glidden, Glidden Professional, Ralph Lauren Paint, Devoe Coatings and Martha Stewart Living paints; Flood, Sikkens and Synteko woodcare products; plus Liquid Nails adhesives and caulks.
For more information visit our website at www.ppgac.com/careers
Are you a positive and energetic person with a gift for offering exceptional customer service?
A Store Manager is Responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of operations for one of our company owned stores. He/she carries out managerial responsibilities at an assigned store location in accordance with company policies and applicable laws and manages sales and profits within the store and implements strategies designed to increase market share. He /she will promote store's teams to use a value-added selling approach to develop and grow customer relationships, promote sales and identify customer's wants and needs. The Store Manager will ensure an exceptional level of customer service with regard to delivery, quote handling, and complaint management.
· Achieve sales and profit plan by controlling expenses, working capital, inventory, shrinkage and growing net contribution.
· Be focused on customer service by ensuring that high service standards are maintained and customer issues are quickly and efficiently resolved.
· Achieve and maintain a high level of associate engagement through effective leadership.
· Maintain an understanding of local market, operations based selling and customer base.
· Recruit, train, direct, motivate, discipline and resolve associate issues.
· Ensure that the appearance of the store's exterior and interior, including merchandizing displays, are maintained to required standards. Responsible for calling on prospective customers to promote sales and open new accounts.
· Execute sales initiatives, and implement sales plans designed to grow volume and market share by understand the differences between their customers.
· Able to effectively resolve customer complaints and/or product failures by viewing each customer as an individual and involving necessary support to achieve superior customer service.
· Support sales team and meets with key customers to build and maintain relationships fostered through a clear understanding of customer base and specific communication.
· Continuously develop relationships within Corporate departments for continuous process and inventory improvement.
Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the United States.
We would like to thank candidates who submit their interest for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
PPG prides itself on the quality of it’s employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and background check.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
· Candidates must be high energy, able to work in a fast-paced environment and able to learn quickly.
· Must have a customer-centric attitude, and enjoy interacting with different types of people and personalities.
· Must have 3-5 years retail sales experience, with management experience preferred.
· Demonstrated leadership and customer service skills.
· Ability to work flexible shifts and hours, which may include early evenings and some weekend hours.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Must possess a valid Driver's License.
· Ability to lift up to 70 pounds infrequently and 20-40 pounds routinely.
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Candidates proficient in both English and Spanish are encouraged to apply.
All of our employees enjoy a competitive salary, benefits package and career development opportunities.
Comments are closed for this blog post