10-0058 Senior Engineering Associate NERC
Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) is one of the largest electricity delivery and natural gas companies in the mid-Atlantic region. More than 1.8 million customers in Washington D.C., Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia depend on PHI for their electricity and natural gas needs.
We are seeking a Senior Engineering Associate NERC to join the staff at our Washington, DC location. Senior Engineering Associate NERC creates service connection designs of average complexity. Creates drawings to implement customer designs. Performs voltage drop calculations. Prepares cost estimates for electric service connections designs.
· Associate's degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of formal education, training and/or experience.
· Minimum 6 years of progressive, relevant experience (including experience as an Engineering Associate) OR the equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training demonstrating the following skills:
o Experience demonstrating skill applying standard practices, techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out COMPLEX tasks/projects;
o Knowledge of the electric or gas transmission and distribution system including operating, maintenance and/or construction practices, policies and procedures;
o Experience demonstrating skill developing, modifying, reviewing and implementing engineering plans, procedures, programs, studies or designs based on specifications, requirements and constraints. Includes experience reviewing schematics, flow diagrams, diagrams, descriptions and/or plans;
o Experience demonstrating skill interpreting and applying technical information from various resources including manuals, documentation and other relevant literature;
o Experience demonstrating skill serving as a technical subject matter expert in a functional area. Includes experience planning and conducting work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, application and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria;
o Extensive experience demonstrating skill performing engineering calculations. Includes experience compiling, adjusting and correlating data; recognizing discrepancies in data and results and taking corrective action;
o Experience demonstrating skill scheduling, prioritizing and coordinating all phases of a routine task/assignment/project or a part of a major project. Includes experience determining and evaluating resource needs and coordinating work across different areas, departments and/or work groups, within and/or outside of the organization; and,
o Experience demonstrating skill developing task budgets and/or determining cost estimates.
· Experience demonstrating skill preparing written materials (for example, business letters, contracts, specifications, requests for proposals, procedures, status reports, preparing bid evaluation criteria, etc.).
· Experience demonstrating skill communicating orally with coworkers, customers and/or public officials.
· Extensive experience demonstrating skill creating spreadsheets and using intermediate functions of spreadsheet software (for example, using formulas, sorting data, linking worksheets).
· Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing and e-mail software.
· Ability and willingness to travel to various company locations and work sites.
· Ability and willingness to work extended hours (including holidays and weekends) with little or no notice, on-call and during storms and system emergencies on an occasional basis.
· Ability and willingness to adhere to safety regulations and policies and to wear and use safety equipment as required by Federal, State, Local and PHI regulations (for example, steel toed shoes, rubber gloves and sleeves, hard hat, fire retardant clothing).
· Ability and willingness to work in a variety of work environments which may include outdoors in all weather conditions, on or around energized electrical equipment, in confined spaces, climbing, underground and in noisy and dirty environments with proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
· Ability and willingness to learn new job-related computer applications.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· Must successfully pass a Criminal History Records Check.
· This position is a NERC Regulated position. As such, a background check will be conducted on the incumbent every seven years. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annual NERC compliance training.
· Experience demonstrating skill coordinating and reviewing the work of others and providing guidance/training in engineering, technical procedures, and departmental processes.
· Experience demonstrating skill interpreting tariffs and preparing data and documentation for the regulatory commission.
· Experience demonstrating skill using design and/or analytical software (e.g., GIS/GWD, CAD, CYME, Easy Power).
· Experience demonstrating skill using SAP and/or WMIS.
· Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based database and/or presentation software.
PHI is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
To submit your resume through our on-line application process, please access the following address: https://prod.fadvhms.com/PHI/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*E5518F7...
Comments are closed for this blog post