10-0076 Senior Engineer Distribution Engineering NERC
Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) is one of the largest electricity delivery and natural gas companies in the mid-Atlantic region. More than 1.8 million customers in Washington D.C., Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia depend on PHI for their electricity and natural gas needs.
We are seeking a Senior Engineer Distribution Engineering NERC to join the staff at our Washington, DC location. Senior Engineer Distribution Engineering NERC performs and/or oversees the design and implementation of routine projects, studies, plans and engineering activities requiring initiative and sound engineering judgment. Coordinates the engineering project/activities for the expansion, reinforcement, and reliability improvement of the electric distribution system in order to reliably and competitively supply present and future customer loads. Serves as a liaison with other departments, consultants and contractors to establish or review overall plans, designs, and objectives. Coordinates as necessary with other sections or groups with consideration for personnel and public safety, system reliability, continuity of customer service, efficient use of resources, and appropriate use of departmental budget. Coordinates and schedules outages with various departments, areas and/or customers. Provides input into the development of the capital budget and monitors capital budget expenditures for specific projects. Provides/uses PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation and email software to perform work functions.
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
· 6 years of progressive, relevant engineer experience (including experience as an Engineer 2) OR the equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training demonstrating the following skills:
o working independently on routine projects and/or under guidance on special projects, effectively incorporating engineering theories, standards, concepts, and techniques as well as engineering/industry/government codes and regulations;
o performing and interpreting engineering analyses and/or economic data analyses for engineering projects, using specialized utility programs and/or vendor-specific software;
o developing creative solutions to problems of above-average complexity;
o managing multiple engineering projects/assignments and ensuring work conforms to project/task requirements, including coordinating work across different areas, departments and/or work groups;
o identifying the need for new projects/initiatives and recommending a solution;
o mentoring or assisting other engineers and others in a variety of engineering projects/activities;
o keeping abreast of new equipment, methods and developments in an engineering discipline/specialty.
· Experience demonstrating skill presenting oral and written results of engineering projects.
· Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, analytical and e-mail software.
· Experience demonstrating skill using design software (for example, CAD software, Visio) or similar software to create sketches.
· Ability and willingness to travel to various company locations and work sites.
· Ability and willingness to work extended hours (including holidays and weekends) with little or no notice, on-call and during storms and system emergencies.
· Ability and willingness to adhere to safety regulations and policies and to wear and use safety equipment as required by Federal, State, Local and PHI regulations (for example, steel toed shoes, rubber gloves and sleeves, hard hat, fire retardant clothing).
· Ability and willingness to work in a variety of work environments which may include outdoors in all weather conditions, on or around energized electrical equipment, in confined spaces, climbing, underground and in noisy and dirty environments with proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· Must successfully pass a Criminal History Records Check.
· This position is a NERC Regulated position. As such, a background check will be conducted on the incumbent every seven years. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annual NERC compliance training.
· Professional Engineer (PE) license.
· Experience demonstrating skill performing relevant utility engineer functions (for example, electric distribution delivery design, planning, or operations).
· Experience demonstrating skill coordinating work with customers and construction personnel.
· Experience demonstrating skill explaining tariffs and company reimbursement policies to customers and ensuring the company receives maximum benefit.
· Experience demonstrating skill ensuring compliance with distribution and line construction standards, National Electric Safety Code and PHI safety practices.
· Experience demonstrating skill planning and organizing construction, maintenance and/or operations activities.
· Experience demonstrating skill coordinating and scheduling outages.
· Experience demonstrating skill tracking budgets and department performance measures.
· Experience demonstrating skill using GIS, WMIS, SAP, C3, OMS, CYME and/or Microsoft Project.
PHI is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
To submit your resume through our on-line application process, please access the following address: https://prod.fadvhms.com/PHI/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*45DDDD6...
Comments are closed for this blog post