Manager, Marketing, Alumni Affairs (New York City Preferred)
: NY-New York City
Teach For America seeks a marketing manager to help lead the development and execution of messaging and marketing strategies to support the organization's recruitment and admissions goals. Specific areas of focus include graduate students, professionals and national organizations with whom we partner. With key staff members on the recruitment team, the manager will work to identify the full range of marketing needs and will collaborate with the creative, insights and digital media teams to ensure that those needs are met. This position provides a unique opportunity for an individual with superior communications, writing, critical thinking, and project management skills to be involved in all aspects of the marketing process including research, strategy, message development, collateral and digital production, campaign execution and client services. The marketing manager reports to the managing director of marketing.
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for the position.
The Marketing team fuels the success of Teach For America by building a strong brand, providing insights-based marketing strategies and materials, and leveraging Teach For America's digital assets. The team supports national and regional teams to develop and execute marketing strategies and creates and manages Teach For America's brand identity and positioning within and outside of the organization.
· Manage the production cycle for marketing initiatives designed to increase awareness of Teach For America and drive applications among target segments. This includes all printed materials, digital campaigns, and videos.
· Work with key staff on the marketing insights team to analyze existing data and conduct additional research including focus groups and surveys to understand motivations and barriers behind specific target segments. Use research and data to inform decisions, undercover new areas of need, and prioritize initiatives.
· Manage discrete writing projects such as website copy, e-mail text, creative briefs, powerpoint presentations, speaking points for recruiters, and other recruitment-related marketing and communications materials. This includes writing, proofreading, and copy editing based on others' feedback.
· Develop tracking and measurement systems to assess the effectiveness of recruitment marketing campaigns. Work closely with the digital analyst to leverage web analytics to inform decision making and campaign optimization.
· Serve as the marketing team's liaison to recruitment directors and their associates, including leading meetings and discovering new ways to collaborate and partner together.
· Develop systems to ensure that the recruitment team's needs are met in an efficient and effective manner.
Candidate Profile and Experience Prerequisites
· Create and execute detailed, long-term project plans that appropriately sequence and prioritize project tasks.
· Make informed and timely decisions, using sound judgment to prioritize actions.
· Write in an effective and compelling manner that is aligned with the Teach For America brand and personality.
· Influence others toward outcomes through an understanding of relationships, ability to ask the right questions, and an adaptable approach.
· Develop and cultivate beneficial internal relationships and networks in order to achieve results.
· Manage several projects at once in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
· Possess strong critical and strategic thinking skills.
· Effectively leverage data when developing marketing strategies.
· Possess a deep commitment to Teach For America's mission.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
· Experience working in marketing and/or communications a plus
· Teach For America corps or staff experience highly preferred, but not required
· Bachelor's degree required
· 3-5 years of professional work experience required
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
Application Requirements and Process
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter with your application.
To apply directly to this job, please use the following address http://teachforamerica.taleo.net/careersection/01/jobdetail.ftl?&job=10470
Comments are closed for this blog post