Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions.
Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels.
As part of a high-performing team, you’ll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
The Grainger Inventory department manages over 10 million stock keeping units and $1 billion in inventory across 14 DCs and 470 branches in the United States, Mexico, Panama and Puerto Rico. The team balances the strategic need to have the right inventory in the right place when the customers call for it, against the capital and OPEX investment of inventory dollars, labor and holding space required to receive and store it. Our managers use heuristics and probabilistic predictive modeling to make strategic inventory investments that will best serve our customer’s needs at the most efficient cost for the company.
The Reporting and Analysis Manager will oversee the production and maintenance of all corporate level key metrics and dashboarding. The Reporting team manages all reporting databases and tools used by inventory planning to conduct ad hoc analysis for the business. Primary reporting responsibilities focus on inventory service levels/fill rates; SKU volume and velocity reporting; and financial measures. The Reporting Manager will coordinate the production of the quarterly and annual corporate inventory forecasts. The team also supports business requirements to understand how various sub-segments of inventory and customer demand may be performing for the business based on product type, geography, stocking strategy, size, cost or velocity. The group also acts as a base of expertise and actively coaches analysts across the department on analysis techniques and data availability.
• Position principally responsible for creating, maintaining and improving standard corporate reporting in support of inventory service performance, demand and inventory volume performance, inventory financial results and forecasting.
• Maintain inventory reporting databases, data archives and data query tools.
• Partner with Inventory Systems team to ensure integrity of reporting results.
• Develop and conduct ad hoc analysis in pursuit of root cause understanding of various challenges and issues presented to the business related to inventory support.
• Evaluate and recommend changes to company stocking policies
• Continuous improvement efforts related to inventory planning and supply chain processes
• Provide subject matter expertise on various corporate improvement initiatives.
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills required.
• Demonstrated progression in level of responsibility throughout career
• Candidate should demonstrate potential for Senior Management positions.
• Possess mature and professional demeanor appropriate for interaction with external customers and internal stakeholders.
• Demonstrated supply chain experience working in partnership with transportation, warehousing, purchasing, supplier management and inventory management.
• Demonstrated capability to build relationships and work effectively across all business functional areas to attain goals and drive business results.
• Demonstrated capability to identify and champion correct course of action for the overall needs of the business over departmental goals.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships to provide value added support services through inventory programs, processes, policies and initiatives.
• Manage a high performance team of planning analysts and the ability to drive the team to meet organizational goals.
• Support the development needs and growth of supply chain professionals within the organization
• SAP experience preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (or equivalent) functionality (Word, Excel, Access dB, PowerPoint) expected.
• SPSS proficiency required.
• Up to 40% domestic travel required, some international travel expected (<5%).
• Multi-lingual capabilities desirable
• Heavy phone and computer work load
• Heavy presentation requirement
• External customer face to face time
Grainger is an equal opportunity employer
Comments are closed for this blog post