Inside Sales Associate
PPG Industries’ vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. Sales in 2012 were $15.2 billion.
Within our Architectural Coatings business, we produce paints, stains, and specialty coatings under the PPG Pittsburgh® Paints, PPG Olympic® Paints and Stains, and PPG Porter® Paints brands, and service the North American coatings industry across three channels.
PPG has recently completed the acquisition of the AkzoNobel North American Architectural Coatings business. This acquisition provides our newly combined Trade organization a tremendous platform for profitable growth. This acquisition enables us to now operate in 800+ retail stores, sell through over 4,000 dealer stores and supply product to large home improvement retailers, such as Lowe's and Home Depot. This acquisition also brings a portfolio of well established brands to PPG such as Glidden, Glidden Professional, Ralph Lauren Paint, Devoe Coatings and Martha Stewart Living paints; Flood, Sikkens and Synteko woodcare products; plus Liquid Nails adhesives and caulks.
For more information visit our website at www.ppgac.com/careers
Are you a positive and energetic person with a gift for offering exceptional customer service? Our Store Associate position entails developing relationships with a variety of customers and being part of fast-paced, dynamic team. If you're interested in a stable position with a growing company, we want to talk to you!
· Receive, store and distribute paint and related products.
· Tint paint, match paint and stain colors and make product recommendations to customers. This requires lifting, moving and stocking one and five gallon paint buckets.
· Maintain clean store environment.
· Provide exceptional service to all customers.
· May occasionally be called on to deliver product to a customer.
· Maintain an understanding of local market, operations based selling and customer base.
· Abide by all company policies and procedures and maintain safe and ethical working environment.
· Candidates must be high energy, able to work in a fast-paced environment and able to learn quickly.
· Must have a customer-centric attitude, and enjoy interacting with different types of people and personalities.
· Ability to work flexible shifts and hours. This may include early evenings and occasional weekend hours.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Must possess a valid Driver's License.
· Ability to lift up to 70 pounds infrequently and 20-50 pounds routinely.
· Requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, lifting, carrying and reaching.
· Candidates proficient in both English and Spanish are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the United States.
We would like to thank candidates who submit their interest for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
PPG prides itself on the quality of it’s employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and background check.
All of our employees enjoy a competitive salary, benefits package and career development opportunities.
PPG Industries, Inc. offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Comments are closed for this blog post