Director, Selection (Flexible; New York City preferred)
: United States Flexible (anywhere in the U.S.), NY-New York City
: Human Assets
The human assets team fuels the growth and success of Teach For America through fostering extraordinary, diverse talent. We do so by supporting teams in recruiting, managing, developing, evaluating, retaining, and rewarding people in order to create a high performance organization that provides unparalleled leadership development opportunities.
The director of selection is responsible for building and managing an organization-wide framework to support staff selection, which includes processing upwards of 30,000 applications a year and supporting the hiring for over 500 full-time staff positions across the organization. The director of selection will manage a team of 4-5 full-time selectors and assistants, and will report directly to the managing director of selection operations.
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for the position.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Managing a team of five staff selection team members to meet ambitious goals and operate as strategic partners to client teams
· Coaching and developing selectors to effectively review applications and lead interviews that collect the necessary evidence to select outstanding talent
· Setting team goals aimed at decreasing the time required to fill a position and increasing hiring managers' satisfaction
· Managing the flow of applications to ensure that candidates are moved through the hiring process within specific timelines
· Driving organization-wide process changes and innovating new solutions to improve the efficiency and quality of our staff selection process
· Conducting data analysis to identify key trends and opportunities
· Partnering with the Selection Design team to develop and implement interview training and staff selection materials
Candidate Profile and Experience Prerequisites
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree required
· More than five years of work experience preferred
· Management experience required
· Recruiting or staffing experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Ability to provide strong management and coaching
· Ability to manage multiple projects with a high level of strategic thinking and attention to detail
· Strong communication and relationship-building skills
· Ability to identify trends in data and innovate new solutions to operational, strategic and performance challenges
· Ability to conduct behavioral interviews
· Interacts with confidential information discreetly, ethically, and prudently
Approach to Work
· Thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, diverse, results-oriented culture
· Values creating simple solutions, even in a complex environment
· Exemplifies Teach For America's core values
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
Application Requirements and Process
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter with your application.
To apply directly to this job, please use the following address http://teachforamerica.taleo.net/careersection/01/jobdetail.ftl?&job=10415
Comments are closed for this blog post