VP of Communications & Community Affairs
Responsible for all multi-media content coordination, development, production, and publishing for the Chicago Fire Soccer Club. This includes team’s website and production of video, photos, audio & other content for website, broadcast (TV and radio) and game day presentation (video board and LED screens). Oversee accuracy and coordinate dissemination of information about all team data into publishing systems such as, video, broadcast TV schedule information, news links, promo announcements, ticket information, social networking content, team rosters & bios and other website elements (rotating pages, splash pages, news pages, etc.). Oversees day to day operations of team website and coordinating new media technologies. Work cooperatively with all internal and external third parties.
· Write, edit and maintain content for Chicago Fire web site.
· Ensure consistency of tone, ‘voice’ and messaging throughout all online content.
· Coordinate the publishing of news stories, video stories, photos and other images to present a cohesive look on all website home pages each day.
· Help coordinate the publishing of press releases with all websites including FaceBook, Twitter, blog, etc., changing headlines and summaries to more appropriately speak to each website’s main focus. Coordinate and publish ancillary elements to go with each release such as video and pictures to better present a full picture of release information.
· Must be able to shoot, edit and produce all elements associated with team’s video needs.
o Gameday Preview videos
o In-game video features (Moments in Fire History, Historical Recognitions, etc.)
o Halftime TV Broadcast Features
o Fire Insider Exclusive Video Content
o Event Specific Videos (Corporate Reception, Season Kick-off Luncheon)
· Work with and mange all the various components of the Fire multi-media production efforts - TV, radio, website, and gameday, to ensure high-end production and program delivery.
· Manage/oversee production of all play-by-play broadcasts and related programs.
· Develop all video needs for game day (i.e. – videoboards and LED ribbon panels).
· Maintain historical pages – Fire history, title histories, hall of fame, Ring of Fire, FAQ pages.
· Review all text on major facing pages at least once a day to verify correct spelling, grammar, show dates, times and other details.
· Monitor and foresee future website based and new media trends to develop long range strategies to engage fans online.
· Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or equivalent.
· Minimum of three years of direct production experience in broadcast television/entertainment programming and/or video production. Work as both a producer and director is preferred. Experience in sports broadcasting production preferred.
· Knowledge of team broadcasting and operations is preferred.
· Understanding and knowledge of emerging technologies to include video streaming and Internet applications .
· Demonstrated management and leadership experience and skills with the ability to effectively work with multiple business units.
· Demonstrated communication and collaborative skills in working effectively with related departments, senior management, and assorted vendors.
· Internet marketing skills, excellent writing, communication, attention to detail and proof reading skills.
· Ability to meet deadlines and thinks creatively.
· Candidates must be articulate, self-motivated, and goal-oriented, and enthusiastic.
· Excellent communication skills and a high level of energy and passion for what you represent are required.
· Knowledge of the league and soccer is preferred.
· Availability to work long irregular hours and adaptability to environment involving several simultaneous projects.
· Familiar in web design techniques including HTML/XML, Flash, CSS, Java and Visual Basic, and Actionscript (or related programs).
· Bilingual language skills (Spanish/Polish & English) a plus.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter (including salary requirements/history) and resume online (http://mls.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/apply.cfm?jobid=28130) for consideration. No calls please.
Comments are closed for this blog post