6513 Park Ave. # 1 (562) 253-1234
West New York, NJ 07093 email@example.com
Medical professional with over 20 years of experience. Dedicated to build and maintain environments that will provide a foundation for success. Possess strong analytical skills and am able to prioritize in a high pressure environment. Honest, creative, professional, trustworthy, dependable with a strong work ethic. Excellent public relations skills that build relationships with companies and employees. Have strong leadership skills and can work both independently and as a part of a team.
Operating Room Manager & Quality Assurance Specialist 2007 - 2014
Universal Management Inc. Fullerton, CA
Alliance Surgery Center in Whittier, CA
Orangewood Surgical Center in Orange, CA
Imperial Surgical Centre in Fullerton, CA
- Prepared all logs and quality assurance and performance improvement material for 3 Joint Commission (JC) accreditations and 7 reaccreditations including participating in the JC accreditation surveys at all locations.
- Knowledgeable in all JC standards: Environment of Care, Emergency Management, Human Resources, Infection Control, Information Management, Leadership, Life Safety Code, Medication Management, National Patient Safety Goals, Provision of Care, Performance Improvement, Record of Care, Rights and Responsibilities and Waived Testing.
- Negotiated purchases and contracts and monitored surgical and office purchases, rentals, inventory and equipment.
- Built business relationships with different service providers and multiple vendors.
- Built OSC and ISC from the ground up; created all the administrative, clinical systems, logistics and also equipped them with all the necessary surgical equipment and medical devices for them to function as outpatient surgical centers.
- Responsible for surgical staff of 60 that included surgeons, anesthesiologists, registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, surgical technicians, and medical assistants.
- Oversaw procedures and scheduling for staff for 6 ORs and 16 PACU beds.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance, policies and procedures, periodic maintenance, quality assurance records and logs; team leadership and motivation; project strategic planning, marketing and recruiting; in-services and continuing education.
- Finished JC survey the past two months. 100% passing for JC over the past7 years.
Assistant Manager 2006 - 2007
Capitol Drugs West Hollywood, CA
- Operated cash registers and opened and closed store.
- Supervised staff of 15 employees.
- Advised customers on general supplements, homeopathic remedies and sport nutrition.
General Surgeon 1994 - 2006
Hospital Angeles del Pedregal Mexico City, Mexico
- Operated a private practice as a general surgeon in the largest private medical corporation in the country.
- Earned the title of Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS).
DVS College Los Angeles, CA
Medical Assistant Certificate June 2004
Universidad La Salle Mexico City, Mexico
Medical Doctor December 1990
Universidad Panamericana Mexico City, Mexico
Bachelor of Science in Biochemical Sciences June 1984
Proficient in Microsoft and Apple software and applications.
Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Team building and leadership.
Training and in-servicing.