Did you know that the The University of Texas School of Public Health at Houston, part of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, has established its fifth regional campus in Austin? The Austin Regional Campus is currently offering a Master in Public Health (MPH), a dual Master of Public Health and Master of Science in Social Work (MPH-MSSW), a DrPH in Health Promotion, a PhD in Epidemiology, and a Certificate in Public Health.
Are you or do you know someone interested in protecting the health of their local community or an entire country?
• Health promotion and disease prevention?
• Healthcare delivery system reform?
• Environmental health and industrial hygiene?
• Statistical analysis for health interventions or clinical trials?
• The health of minority and disadvantaged populations?
..then public health may be an appropriate career path!
What is public health you may ask? Public Health is focused on preventing health problems at a population-level by addressing various social-ecological factors and by working across the following five core areas of public health:
• Health Promotion/Health Education
• Epidemiology and Disease Control
• Management, Policy, and Community Health
• Environmental and Occupational Health
Interested in learning more? Please visit The Association of Schools of Public Health Public Health Web-Based Resources website http://www.asph.org/
Interested in learning more about the Austin Regional Campus? Please visit this website http://www.sph.uth.tmc.edu/austin
Please contact Maria Eva Fernandez (below) for futher information.
Maria Eva Fernandez
Academic Affairs Coordinator
University of Texas School of Public Health
Austin Regional Campus
313 E. 12th Street Suite 220 #220C
Austin, TX 78701
Phone 512 482 6176
Fax 512 482 6185