Be a part of the Central Bank of the United States of America.
The Federal Reserve System has three main functions monetary policy, bank supervision and regulation, and the operation of a nationwide payment system. The Atlanta Fed has fantastic benefits including world class medical and dental coverage, free public transportation, 401K and pension retirement benefits etc. Currently we are looking for Large Bank Examiners and Financial Analysts.
Brief Description of Job:
The Large Bank Group has Bank Examiner (multiple levels Associate to Senior) positions for highly motivated regulatory professionals. Some of the primary responsibilities may include:
• Assisting with the supervision of large, regional banking organizations which could include other U.S. entities owned by a foreign banking organization, through planning, organizing, and directing supervisory activities as a member of a team. Activities include leading and participating in the following activities: preparing risk assessments and supervisory plans contributing to the overall supervisory strategy, and conducting targeted reviews, visitations, and continuous supervisory activities. This also includes identifying and obtaining the resources necessary for the successful execution of the supervisory plan.
• Maintaining and communicating an anticipatory posture concerning current and emerging risks and their impact on the supervised entities.
• Facilitating communication through the sharing of information with other members of the dedicated team, and specialty team liaisons. Coordinating all supervisory activities with specialty team liaisons.
• Verifying compliance with a variety of laws and regulations.
• Writing high quality, timely summary documents, such as risk assessments and other correspondence, and effectively articulating supervisory matters with all levels of institution management including board members, as applicable.
• Developing professional and effective relationships with all levels of Supervision and Regulation management, Board of Governors and other Reserve Bank staffs, other bank supervisors and functional regulators.
• Participating periodically in significant projects, initiatives, and committees in the Division, Reserve Bank, and at the System level at the discretion of the team leader and Large Bank Group senior management.
Skills needed include solid examination skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), being a team player and contributor to the team’s objectives, and strong organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Travel required for this position is up to 50 percent.
Asset quality and credit risk management knowledge is preferred. Foreign banking examination experience is a plus as applicable.
May consider Miami or Birmingham work location for qualified individuals.
Job Requirements and Qualifications: Weight: (1-4: 4=Most Critical)
1. Commercial bank or related financial institution examination/inspection, audit, or bank operations experience. At a minimum, academic exposure to banking, accounting, economics, and/or finance.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to function as a positive member of a team, and above average ability to prioritize tasks, manage time, and multi task.
3. Above average ability to demonstrate balanced, well-reasoned judgment in decision-making, and ability to effectively communicate with senior management and directors of supervised institutions under potentially adversarial circumstances.
4. Strong technical and analytical skills, including the ability to interpret, apply, and explain complex regulatory concepts, and identify key issues and risks.
5. Sound understanding of day-to-day operations of financial institutions, and experience in evaluating the adequacy of operational control processes.
6. Capable of effectively communicating, both oral and written, examination results and related risks to bank management and other regulatory agencies.
7. Capable of working independently with attention to detail and accuracy when appropriate.
A Writing Sample is required.
Bachelor’s Degree. A degree in banking, finance or accounting is preferred.
Special Requirement regarding Citizenship Status
By law, this position requires that you fall within one of the following citizenship categories:
• United States Citizen
• United States National
Lawful Permanent Resident Alien (“green card” holder) who is eligible for and seeking United States Citizenship
Interested, qualified candidates should apply online to position 10183 at www.frbatlanta.org. The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.