10-0067 Applications Analyst III NERC
Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) is one of the largest electricity delivery and natural gas companies in the mid-Atlantic region. More than 1.8 million customers in Washington D.C., Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia depend on PHI for their electricity and natural gas needs.
We are seeking an Applications Analyst III NERC to join the staff at our Washington, DC location. The Applications Analyst III NERC in the Business Intelligence (BI) area has the required background to function as a competent IT professional. Contributes to a major BI project or is involved in a number of small projects. Performs work which may include a variety of complex features. Work requires a preliminary knowledge of BI and a good working knowledge of related specialties.
The Applications Analyst III in the Business Intelligence (BI) area performs assignments with guidance with instructions and timetable. Has regular contact with peers in business units and IT personnel.
The Applications Analyst III in the Business Intelligence (BI) area has responsibility for three roles defined in a BI project, as well as maintenance duties on BI applications already implemented in Production.
These three roles are:
· Business Intelligence Application Developer: As BI Application Developer, the Applications Analyst III is responsible for the delivery of end-user functionality from the Data Warehouse. The Applications Analyst III works with the BI Business Analyst in understanding reporting requirements in order to implement them.
· User Interface Architect: As User Interface Architect, the Applications Analyst III s responsible for the design and maintenance of the BI interface to suit the client’s look and feel and adhere to PHI’s Web interface standards.
· Extraction, Transformation, and Load (ETL) Developer: As ETL Developer, the Applications Analyst III is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the data warehouse import processes.
· Implement report requirements in MicroStrategy (Desktop and Web).
· Create Web-based dashboard applications in MicroStrategy.
· Consult with the BI Data Warehouse Architect in the development of the dimensional and logical data models.
· Develop, unit test, and document BI Objects import processes and programs.
· Communicate with BI Business Analyst to confirm compliance with user requirements.
· Communicate progress and issues to the BI Project Manager.
· Coordinate with the BI Project Manager to ensure on-time completion.
· Maintain BI Objects and import processes and programs.
· Provide ad-hoc technical support to the user community.
· Provide feedback/reports on system and report usage and potential bottlenecks.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
· Experience demonstrating skill with a leading Business Intelligence (BI) platform such as MicroStrategy, Business Objects, or Cognos. Includes experience building and testing schema, report, and dashboard components and the basic administration of the BI platform and BI applications.
· Experience demonstrating skill using ETL or Data Integration tools (e.g. Informatica, Microsoft SSIS) or EAI tools (e.g. Sun JavaCaps).
· Experience demonstrating skill applying database and network connectivity concepts. Specifically, this includes experience using SQL and experience with Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server.
· Experience demonstrating skill performing analysis, design, programming and testing using Java and/or Visual Basic.
· Experience demonstrating skill following a standard Applications Development Life Cycle.
· Experience demonstrating skill translating technical specifications or instructions into programming code (for example, creating programs from functional requirements or instructions), and implementing solutions into production.
· Experience demonstrating skill working with clients to clarify system objectives and develop functional and/or technical specifications.
· Experience demonstrating skill analyzing and rewriting programs to increase efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
· Experience demonstrating skill solving coding problems by reviewing manuals, interpreting error messages, and consulting with technical experts.
· Experience demonstrating skill maintaining and creating technical documentation, including source code.
· Experience demonstrating skill working in a team environment.
· Experience demonstrating skill using word-processing (e.g., Word), spreadsheet (e.g., Excel), and email software.
· Ability and willingness to train team members in new programming tools and techniques.
· Ability and willingness to work extended hours or a modified schedule, including being on call on a rotating or emergency basis, working evenings, holidays and weekends, as required.
· Ability and willingness to travel to various Company locations on occasional basis.
· Ability and willingness to perform other roles, as assigned, during emergency situations (e.g., backing up the customer call center).
· Must successfully pass the Criminal History Records Check.
· This position is a NERC Regulated position. As such, a background check will be conducted on the incumbent every seven years. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annual NERC compliance training.
· Knowledge of formal IT project management.
· Experience demonstrating skill designing technical solutions from high level requirements.
· Experience in report and dashboard design.
· Experience in or training in data architecture and data modeling specifically for data warehouses.
· Experience demonstrating skill preparing estimates for assignments.
· Membership in BI-related IT organizations such as TDWI (The Data Warehousing Institute).
PHI is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
To submit your resume through our on-line application process, please access the following address: https://prod.fadvhms.com/PHI/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*6231C30...
Comments are closed for this blog post