ISABEL GAVILAN 719 Wantagh Ave., Wantagh, NY 11793
Tel.: (516) 796-5647 & (516) 557-3062
Career Objective To obtain a position within a growing organization in the field of Acounting and Finance which will utilize my transferable banking skills, experience and education.
Education Bachelor of Science with concentration in Finance-June 2005
Adelphi University, Garden City New York, G.P.A. 3.6
Business Certificate- June 1999
Cornell University Off-Campus College Program
Demand Deposit Accounts
Double Cash Entries
Month End Closing
Principles of Accounting
Principles of Finance
Society and the Individual
Writing and Rhetoric
Proficiency with SAP General Ledger Platform
Familiarity with QuickBooks
Proficiency with MS Excel
Proficiency with MS Word
Proficiency with Lotus Notes
Language Fully bilingual English/Spanish
• Promoted from Financial Control Analyst, to Financial Control Supervisor, to Assistant Treasurer.
• Improved the process of creation/cancelation of repetitive wire transfer lines in compliance with the Global Transfer policy “Travel Rule”, resulting in reduced time spent in processing wires and staff time involvement.
• Achieved a 100% compliance rating when regularly audited on “Sarbanes-Oxley” regulations.
• Received the bank Superstar Award for automating the billing process to the Federal Government on interest and subsidy payments for a $900 million Student Loan portfolio, accomplished without capital outlay, additional staff, and any increase in the budget, resulting in a remarkable reduction on billing time from two months to two weeks and an estimated saving of $800,000 annually, while also significantly reducing errors.
Excellent work ethic throughout my banking career and received high commendations by providing internal and external auditors with the necessary tools to perform their audits, from the beginning to the end of a business cycle. Known for no gaps in any transaction posted.
JPMorgan /Chase-Long Island, NY Jun 1995-Sep 2008
Chase Auto Finance-Assistant Treasurer-Cash Management Associate
• Executed the daily borrowing/pay down of the unit for daily operations from a $10B credit line established with the parent company.
• Processed daily automatic and manual Account Payable/ Receivable postings of an average of 400 general ledger transactions.
• Reconciled on a daily basis 20 Internal Demand Deposit Accounts.
• Processed daily inter-company cash settlements.
• Researched inter-departmental inquiries for unposted/misposted general ledger entries related to cash flow.
Chase Manhattan Bank-Long Island, NY Mar 1994-May 1995
Refund Anticipation Loan Department-Financial Control Supervisor
• Processed daily payments received from various tax agencies
• Reconciled Official Checks (Issued/Voided/Stopped)
• Processed Stop Payment Inquiries from tax agencies or customers.
Chemical Bank-Long Island, NY Jun 1989-Feb 1994
Student Loan Department-Financial Control Analyst
• Supervised full time and temporary staff in the daily reconciliation of Medical Loans (Stafford and Plus).
• Processed payments, deferments, forbearances, bankruptcies and quarterly reports in compliance with federal regulations on subsidized loans.
Volunteer: Pre-Cana Program Facilitator for St. Frances De Chantal Parish (in English) and for the Hispanic Pre-Cana Programs in the Archdiocese of New York (in Spanish).