With more than 10 years of outstanding director-level human resources experience, a certificate in organizational development, and an MBA, I possess a highly transferable skill set that has empowered me to generate measurable results throughout my career. From improving employee satisfaction to enacting effective HR and operational policies, I have proven a key member of the executive team in every position I have held. I am now seeking to join your team as Director of Human Resources.
For 9 years, I provided HR leadership and executive insight for as many as 33 hotel locations in the DC metro areas, overseeing exempt and nonexempt employees and managing labor relations. Most recently, I served as director senior consultant for a Dominican Republic-based HR and organizational development consultancy advising a variety of clients on process and procedural improvements to achieve strategic business objectives. The result is over a decade of proven success, including the following selected accomplishments:
• Winning the 2005 Business Journal “Best Place to Work” Award for Washington, DC;
• Saving more than $40,000/year with the implementation of an online hiring applicant program;
• Reducing job-related accidents 20% after implementing prevention-focused safety programs;
• Persuading activists to withdraw their union petition by creating action plans to resolve concerns;
• Slashing turnover 10% and improved employee satisfaction 14%; and
• Boosting client productivity 10% by conducting a scheduling analysis that led improved efficiency.
what is your current, past or ideal job title?
DIrector of Human Resources
what languages do you speak?
English and Spanish
what countries have you lived in?
what's your Hispanic connection?
I am a native of the Dominican Republic
where did you learn about nshp.org?
You need to be a member of Hispanic professional society & diversity job fairs at NSHP.org to add comments!
With 25,000+ members, the National Society for Hispanic Professionals is the top US networking association for Hispanic professionals. It's free to join and this is a great place for you to connect with new people who share your interests, BUT it's not for selling or promoting your business. Join us today and ask here if in doubt about our policy.