Experienced and results oriented leader that can contribute to the bottom-line performance in a management capacity. Has excellent organizational and analytical abilities and can effectively meet and/or exceed business goals. Extensive experience in retail environment in operations, loss prevention, and customer service.
what is your current, past or ideal job title?
District Assets Protection Business Partner (2011-Present)
• District Assets Protection Business Partner: responsible for 21 stores that did 750 million dollars in sales.
• Managed a budget of over $2 million and delivered under goal.
• Drive a store culture focused on preventing safety and security incidents.
• Guide district and store leadership teams through high level response to crisis and emergency situations.
• Responsible for safety culture focused on safety index and guest incident rate improvements.
• Influence district leadership and business partner to leverage shortage tools and safety reporting to create, maintain and execute effective shortage and safety action plans.
• Develop and strengthen partnerships with law enforcement and emergency managers to promote safe and secure environment for guest and team members.
District Food Business Partner (2009-2011)
• District Food Business Partner: responsible for 20 stores that did 911 million dollars in sales. Addition of food increased overall sales lift of over 6%
• Train and coach teams to use tools and processes for optimum productivity and profitability.
• Conduct routine store visits to coach, train, and assess stores; assist stores with action plans to identify root causes and lead teams to resolutions.
• Build internal and external partnerships to drive in-stocks and process in stores.
• Lead a compliance and food safety culture that mitigates legal risk in all food areas within district.
• Reduce perishable shortage by driving shortage culture, implementing best practices, and routines.
Regional Assets Protection Trainer (2007-2009)
• Develop innovative ideas and strategies to effectively train district and regional leaders on assets protection initiatives and processes.
• Target IP Video Solutions process owner for remote training utilizing webinars.
• Target Incident Documentation Case Management process owner for company roll out and training.
ALEJANDRO ALANIZ, PAGE TWO 630-499-8856 l Aalaniz0415@yahoo.com
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS - CONTINUED
• Collaborates with regional leadership and the Risk Organizational Effectiveness Team to lead group of instructor network consisting of over 20 executive leaders.
• Consults on Assets Protection training curriculum, content development, and training delivery for Midwest Region.
Executive Manager Assets Protection (1999-2007)
• Assets Protection manager responsible for team of 10 hourly team members and 7 off duty Chicago Police Officers.
• Prioritize and drive continuous improvement in the areas of the profit formula to impact total store profitability and company Earnings Before Interest and Taxes.
• Drive theft prevention through guest service, internal resolution, and company-program execution.
• Influence a shortage-awareness culture; understand how operational procedures impact gross margin, utilize tools and reports to identify and prioritize profitability concerns.
• Provide a safe and secure shopping and working environment for over 350 team members and all customers. Report and resolve safety concerns in partnership with district and regional leadership.
what languages do you speak?
English and Spanish
where did you learn about nshp.org?
You need to be a member of Hispanic professional society & diversity job fairs at NSHP.org to add comments!
With 25,000+ members, the National Society for Hispanic Professionals is the top US networking association for Hispanic professionals. It's free to join and this is a great place for you to connect with new people who share your interests, BUT it's not for selling or promoting your business. Join us today and ask here if in doubt about our policy.