Hispanic professional society & diversity job fairs at NSHP.org

Welcome, everyone to the Washington, DC area group! I hope everyone will come in this thread and tell us a little bit about yourself.... Where you are originally from, what you do, what you like best about DC, your favorite books, foods, etc.

Views: 498

Replies to This Discussion

Hello
I am a Frederick MD native so DC has always been at arm's length. I have worked in DC and done
grad research there and I hope some or many share my interest in trade and development.
thanks
Peter
My name is David Ayala and I'm originally from Puerto Rico. I resided in the DC area from 1978 - 1988 and left plenty of good memories and friends. I went to the University of Maryland and worked at NIH during my college years. Spent most of my time in the DC area not only enojoying the night life and good restaurants but alson involved in some politics. I'm hoping to make new friends, reconect with some of the old ones and expand my business to the DC area where the latino population wields considerable political and financial power.

Today I'm a brocker and Executive Consultant for an upstart company calle Rodan and Fields Dermatologists which is looking to impact the 40,000,000 latino population in the US with their OTC (over the counter) dermatological products. Given that, does anyone know a well seasoned sales executive, medical sales representative, small business owner, entreprenur or MD who would be interested in owning their own business in partnership with the doctors who created Proactiv Solution?. If you do, please have that person contact me through this network or e-mail me at dayala64@gmail.com or at jdayala@myrandf.com to set up an evaluation interview.
Hola mi gente!
My name is Carlos Rojas. I am a 24-year DC area resident transplanted from the Republic of Texas. An Electrical Engineer by trade, I actually have been working in broadcasting and video production for over twenty years. I possess an extensive background in satellite and RF-microwave transmissions and have been with ABC News for the last 10-years. Currently the Engineer in Charge for the Sunday morning program, "This Week w/ Christiane Amanpour".
Hola mi gente
My name is Gino Manrique. I am living in the Norhern Virginia area for almost 22 years. I born in Lima Peru and moved to the United States as a granted Political asyllum. I am a Industrial Engineer graduated in Peru. Four years after that I came to the United States I began my processing of learning English at NOVA college, and years later I got a BA in Education with a major in mathematics K8-12 and a minor in Spanish from George Mason University. By 1999 I got my Master degree in Curriculum and Instruction from GMU and actually I am working in my dissertation to earn a Doctoral degree in Education with minor in mathematics from Argosy University. I love to teach mathematics to everyone who need it,and I am convinced that every latino child in the United States might be bilingual: Spanish and English. Our identity as a comunity is not only our names or origin is also the language that we speak. Para ser una comunidad cohesionada debemos de tener una identidad basada en nuestro origen y lengua, y que esto se pueda trasmitir a nuestras generaciones que vienen sintiendonos orgullosos de nuestras raices.
I hope to keep in touch with you in the near future.
Muchas gracias

heyhello,My name is Maria Blumberg,Actually  i live in Brookneal ,Virgina-Iam an english teacher from Argentina-my husband is from New yersey-i have worked in Marketing ,and selling jewelry-,also working as a promotor-,i worked as a secretary fo ra lawyer in my country-i studied english from my childwood- I play piano ,guitar ,love computing and music -Since i came here to USA,I lived in Florida ,New yersey -i worked as a baby sitter in New yersey-I love to teach,them,I am a christian lady who loves life -i like cinema ,and doing al lkind of videos ,i have a creative mind ,i have a proyect  in mind,and invention which i created for babies -its also a machine who does cubes of milk for  babies bottles -I would like doing  this with someone who loves  creation-I  studied   photography with a professor of National geographic-i also cook very good ,love italian pasta and do my  own pizza r gnokies -lasagna too-well i would like to visit Washignton DC -It is a great  history city i love -My favourite books are: The art of loving by Erick Fom,The Prophet by kalil Gibran,my favourite movie:the ET,,,the Lord of the Rings,Brother Sun ,Sister Moon by director Franco Zefirelly and many historic films as Cleopatra,I love our i country with all my heart-I would like to serve in a mission  for people in Africa ,and to  save many children from not having any meal to eat -Every day I am gratefull god brought me to this great country and love people i met here -whatever i can help i am in facebook as Maria Luisa Blumberg-my e-mail is mariablumberg456@hotmail.com-i  am new in this site but whenever you need a hand i am willing and open to create ,to help and work as a team-i wish everybody ,many blessings and have faith ,alla things  are possible ,Maria Blumberg

HOLA HERMANOS, I AM JOSE REYES LEBRON JR. ORIGINALLY FROM NEW YORK , I AM PRESENTLY IN ANNAPOLIS MARYLAND.[ DCs PLAYGROUND]. I AM A NURSE WHICH MEANS I DONT HAVE MUCH TIME FOR A SOCIAL LIFE BUT I HAVE BEEN TOLD OW . THAT ARE MANY FINE DINING CHOICES IN DC. ANNAPOLIS HAS JUST FINISHED 2 WEEKS OF BOAT SHOWS SO IT WAS VERY HECTIC HERE ALSO. THATS ALL FOR NOW. SHOOT ME AN EMAIL AND SAY HELLO

Hello everyone I am so excited to join this group.  I have recently moved here from NYC for work opportunity.  I have recently graduated with a master's in Healthcare Administration concentration in Healthcare Policy (Medicare) mostly. The more I learn about the more I am interested in the Innovation and physician payment reform components.  At the end of my Internship I am hoping to one, find a full time job or a fellowship will be awesome. 

I am seeking to connect with Hispanic professionals predominately within the Healthcare Policy industry but Hispanic professionals to augment my professional network are always welcomed. I would also like to find a mentor who can perhaps guide me through the HHS or CMS system and perhaps make me aware of other opportunities.  I enjoy meeting individuals for coffee or even drinks to distressed.  Please feel free to reach out as a new one here would like to meet up great individuals to show me around.

Julio Reyes

RSS

About NSHP

With 20,000+ members, the National Society for Hispanic Professionals is the top US networking association for Hispanic professionals. It's free to join and this is a great place for you to connect with new people who share your interests, BUT it's not for selling or promoting your business. Join us today and ask here if in doubt about our policy.

Bilingual jobs

Members

With 19,000+ members, the top US networking association for Hispanic professionals and free to join.

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by NSHP admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service