Hispanic professional society & diversity job fairs at NSHP.org

Hello everyone, I just wanted to encourage everyone to take an interest in politics this year. We have a huge election coming up and there are issues being addressed in this election that impact everyone who lives in the United States. Even if you don't have voting eligibility that doesn't mean that your opinions and your voice can't be heard. There are many ways for voters and non-voters alike to become involved in the political process.

Get involved. Watch the debates, learn about the candidates, decide where you stand on the issues. Then make a difference. Hundreds of thousands of volunteers are supporting each campaign and you can join those volunteers! Volunteers do everything from hanging signs, going door to door, making phone calls, passing out literature, and attending events!

Here is where you can register to volunteer for the McCain/Palin campaign : http://www.gop.com/Secure/?Type=S2

Her is where you can register to volunteer for the Obama/Biden campaign: http://action.barackobama.com/page/s/volunteer/

For everyone who is eligible to vote, please do! If you aren't registered to vote, you only have a few more weeks. The deadline to register to vote in California is October 20th.

It is so easy to register to vote and just takes a couple minutes. Go to www.maps.google.com/vote and type in your address. The website will then list all the information you need to register to vote in the 2008 election. Don't put this off, it only takes a few minutes.

Are you currently a registered voter? Have you ever volunteered for a campaign? If so, tell us about it!

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

I have never volunteered for a presidential campaign, but I have contributed to a local campaign for a gentleman who was running for a seat in our state senate. I was in high school and not old enough to vote but I found great satisfaction in still being able to have an impact on the voters of my community. I helped by going door to door and passing out pamphlets about the candidates and telling individuals at the households a little bit about why this man was different from the other candidates, and why I felt so moved that as a 16 year old I was out pounding the pavement for his campaign instead of eating pizza and watching movies with my friends.

I was thrilled that election day when he won the election, but I think that even had he not won, it still would have been a very rewarding experience.

RSS

About NSHP

With 25,000+ members, the National Society for Hispanic Professionals is the top US networking association for Hispanic professionals. It's free to join and this is a great place for you to connect with new people who share your interests, BUT it's not for selling or promoting your business. Join us today and ask here if in doubt about our policy.

Bilingual jobs

With 25,000+ members, the National Society for Hispanic Professionals is the top US networking association for Hispanic professionals.

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by NSHP admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service