Hispanic professional society & diversity job fairs at NSHP.org

Do you remember those high school days when you would imagine what life would be like when you were 25 or 30 years old? Did you see yourself surrounded by a loving family? Or perhaps you imagined what life would be like after you studied hard--inspired by your passions--and working at your dream job after graduating from college. But in reality more and more Hispanics are having difficulty finding a job in the field they studied; actually some are having a hard time just finding a well paying job. Moreover, many are questioning if going to college was a good decision after all. In an article posted by VOXXI, Theresa Valenzuela describes her experience as a Hispanic recent college graduate and member of the 'millennial generation'.

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So accurate. It's comforting to see we're not alone in the struggle. 

Exactly how I feel as well.It is a struggle to get into a different field.

It's weird, but it's only come up until now while I'm approaching my 30s. During HS I always liked and was good at accounting and IT. I knew since H.S. I wanted to do either profession. During college I got a gig in accounting, which later ironically turned into a dual role of IT and accounting. But now that I moved to a new state and looking for work after soooo many years, I am facing the cruel realities of should I go to a different field or stick by my accounting and IT passion while waiting for my next big break. Hopefully you all get your chance to finding something within your field. It sucks to settle in a field that's different from what you studied.

RSS

About NSHP

With 25,000+ members, the National Society for Hispanic Professionals is the top US networking association for Hispanic professionals. It's free to join and this is a great place for you to connect with new people who share your interests, BUT it's not for selling or promoting your business. Join us today and ask here if in doubt about our policy.

Bilingual jobs

Members

With 25,000+ members, the National Society for Hispanic Professionals is the top US networking association for Hispanic professionals.

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by NSHP admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service