Hispanic professional society & diversity job fairs at NSHP.org

I graduated in 2007 with a Masters degree (communication Arts) and its been really hard to find work .. It kills me because i have a good portfolio and some experience. Either i am told i have little experience or over experienced there is no in between. I have experience but haven't been working full-time in my field recently due to the fact that i went back to school full-time. Any suggestions . I go to job fairs ,networking parties and my resume is on many job boards but still no luck. I need to work to survive but am afraid to just get a job anywhere because i don't want it to hurt my resume and hurt my chances of getting a job as a Graphic Designer. I am looking for entry-level work to get my foot back into the door.

Views: 682

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Apparently you are looking for employment in a hightly competitive field and a desired place to live, New York city which compounds your problems, apart from having no experience.  Your best best short term contract work to give potential employers that you are not standing still.  Obtain references from this work and continue forward.

RSS

About NSHP

With 25,000+ members, the National Society for Hispanic Professionals is the top US networking association for Hispanic professionals. It's free to join and this is a great place for you to connect with new people who share your interests, BUT it's not for selling or promoting your business. Join us today and ask here if in doubt about our policy.

Bilingual jobs

Members

With 25,000+ members, the National Society for Hispanic Professionals is the top US networking association for Hispanic professionals.

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by NSHP admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service